Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Pumpkin pie

Normally I make pumpkin pie every year from scratch...starting with a can of pumpkin.  I add all the other ingredients but I have never done if from a true scratch.  A friend of mine was telling me that she buys the sugar/pie pumpkins and makes her pies from scratch.  She said it wasn't that hard and that she could teach me how to do it. 

I'm game.  Of course.  I love learning new things and right now I'm really big into learning new skills for the kitchen.  I also think it would be a great way to help add things to our food storage.

So I bought 4 pie pumpkins and we were just waiting for a good time to get together so she could teach me how to do it.  Well our schedules kept clashing and last night my husband asked if we could have pumpkin pie for Family Home Evening tonight.

I was going to ask my friend if she had time to show me today but she is sick so with text message help and instructions on the internet I am giving it a try today.  I have started and I have taken some pictures.  I'll post again on it after everything is said and done.  I am so excited!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...