Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cake Decorating Course 2 - week 1

Last night was the first night of the second course.  We worked with Fondant and Gum paste.  It is the only time this course when we will work with it.  It was more just an introductory for us.  It was a lot of fun.  We made a button flower and a Pansy.
We made two of each.  Mine are all yellow and orange.  We also talked about Royal Icing.  We will be working with Royal Icing for the next 3 classes.
 We put them in these bowls to help shape them.  The bigger ones are a little bit more shallow.  The small one is deeper so the petals stand up more.

 The orange and yellow worked really well together.

 Pansies were a little harder for me to get them to ruffle.

These flowers I made today.  My friend wasn't able to come last night so she came over this morning and I went over everything from class last night.  I made some more and tried putting them on this shaper.  I think I might make some more and then make some cupcakes tomorrow to put them on.  They are a lot of fun.

In this course will learn a few other flowers and how to weave the icing on the cake to get the basket appearance.

I am so excited.  I think next month is the Tall Cakes class.  I think that would be awesome.  I'll keep you posted after each class.  I don't have to make a cake or anything until the last class.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...