Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cake Decorating week 3

Cake decorating class this week was a lot of fun.  We got to learn some of the flowers that I have been really excited for. 

 This is the lily that we learned in class. It was actually really easy.  It will definitely take practice to make them look better but it was relatively painless.
 Here is a close up of the lily.
 Here are all of them except the lily.  When I got home I made more.  I figured since I still had icing in the bags why not practice and make some more.
 This is the Wilton Rose.  We learned earlier how to make a different rose which was nice but I was really excited to learn how to make this one.  Some are better than others.
 Here is one of the daffodils that I made.  It was a fun flower but I never did get it to look the way I wanted.
Here is the violet.  It will take a lot more practice but not but for just learning.

It was a lot of fun.  Next week is the last class in this course and we are to bring a cake already iced and read to decorate.  We will be learning how to do the basket weave and then we will be placing already made flowers on them.  I'm really excited.  It should be a lot of fun. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...