Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cake Decorating

Yesterday was going to be my last cake decorating class since I will be on vacation next week.  However, Yana was teething, had a fever of 101.2 and was very very cranky and I was not about to expect a babysitter to have to deal with that.  So I canceled my babysitter and I stayed home with my children.  My friend who did go to class will teach me everything when we get back from vacation and then I can show you what I learned from the last two classes.

So as you can see by now there are pictures of cupcakes.  I bought at the beginning of October this cute little pack of cupcake cups and it came with 24 cups and then 12 of the ghosts and pumpkins and 12 of the BOO! signs.  I just couldn't resist.  I thought they were adorable and I wanted them so as you can see I bought them.  Well I had it all planned out to send cupcakes with my husband to work this week and it just wasn't going to happen.  We leave on vacation Friday and I wasn't going to get to make my cute cupcakes. 

Very disappointing.

Well I was doing stuff around the house today and had this thought.  Yes, sometimes I have good ones that I give in to.  I could make the cupcakes and take some to Young Women's and share them and then share the rest with friends.
So here they are!!!
 I used a white cake mix and butter cream icing recipe.  I used vanilla flavoring and had a blast.
 That ghost was just too cute.



 I even used sprinkles.  I'm not usually a sprinkles person.  But this was fun.
So there they are.  I had a blast.  I told my husband I would save him one and the rest of are going to find good homes.  Have a good night.  I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...