Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Cake decorating class

Tuesday night was the second class of this third course.  It will be the last course for a while.  I have enjoyed taking these classes.  This week we made a rose, a carnation, a calla lillie and leaves.  Take a look.
 Here is one of my roses.  My first one looked like a rose reject but the second one was better.
 The side view of my rose.  This was the rejected rose.  It really doesn't look too bad but I hope they get better with each one.
 Here is my carnation.  I really liked my carnation.  It looked pretty good if I do say so myself.
 She told me after I finished this that I could have made the leaves larger before placing it on the carnation so it would go up farther. 
 This is the calla lillie.  They are pretty small but she told us how to make bigger ones.  I really liked the calla lillie. 
 Here is the inside of the calla lillie.
 This is the outside of the calla lillie
After the flowers we started making leaves.  We tried a couple different styles and that is why they look different from each other.

It was a good class.  Next week we will learn how to cover cakes.  We wont be covering a cake but we will be covering a cardboard round board for practice.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...