Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cake Decorating class Course 3 - Fondant and Gumpaste

Last night was the first class of course 3.  We will be working with Fondant and Gumpaste in this class.  Last night we started by making a bow and 3 different bases for 3 different flowers.  We will use the bases next week when we finish the 3 flowers.  Off the top of my head I don't remember which ones they are.  I think there will be a rose and a carnation.  I don't remember the third.
 We stuck 4 bases on macaroni noodles and then we stuck them in the Styrofoam cup to dry.
 These are the carnation bases.
 Here is the bow this morning after I took out the paper towels.  We put rolled up paper towels  in the loops in order to keep them from collapsing while it was drying.


That is the bow.  It was fun to make.  I still need to figure out how to make my own fondant that tastes good so I would want to eat it.

Next week we will finish the flowers from above.  I'm not sure what else we will be doing.  It has been fun.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...