Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cake Decorating Class finished

I have thoroughly enjoyed taking these cake decorating classes.  Tonight I finished the last class of the second course.  In a couple of days I will sign up for the 3rd and final course.  There is another class I would like to take in November but it is only two days. 

In this course we worked mainly with royal icing.  We learned a few flowers this course and then tonight we had to bring an already iced cake.  We learned how to do the basket weave.  It was a lot of fun.  Went with a yellow cake, white butter cream almond flavored icing and brown icing for the basket weave.  It was a lot of fun.  I made a larger than normal cake because I have plans for this cake.  As you can see from the pictures I wrote "Happy Birthday" on it.  It is supposed to be for September and October birthday's but I decided not to put that on it.


My lines aren't perfectly straight but not bad for my first time...if I do say so myself.  I really like how the brown turned out.  When I was mixing in the color it wasn't turning out to my liking.  After it sat for a while it darkened and turned out better.

The next course starts a week from today.  It is a course where we work mainly with fondant and gum paste.  It should be fun.   We will learn how to work with it on a larger scale.  The button flowers from this course were just to give us a taste for it.

Well I hope you all had a good day.  Mine wasn't the most productive but it was a good day and I did get a lot done.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...