Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Recipe - Yellow Cake

Sorry it has been so long since sharing a recipe with you.  I am now taking a cake decorating class and I made this cake the other day.  I found it in my cook book and I love it.  It is soooo yummy.

Yellow Cake
3/4 C Butter, softened
3 eggs
2 1/2 C flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 C sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 C milk

Mix flour, baking powder and salt in bowl for later.
Cream butter for 30 seconds.
Gradually add sugar while beating.
Add eggs one at a time and beat in between.
Add vanilla.
Alternately add flour and milk.

Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes depending on the pan.

Ok there are a few things I have learned with this cake decorating class and while reading more on this recipe in the book.  It is highly recommended that you measure out all ingredients before you start mixing.  I used to measure and add as I went and I've been trying this new method of measuring everything out and then mixing it in.  It is really nice because the mixing process goes so much faster.  Also make sure to scrape the sides periodically to make sure that things aren't sticking to the sides of the pan.

I really like this recipe.  We made cupcakes with it the first time and I made a square cake with it yesterday.  I am in the process of icing it this morning.

I'll share pictures of last nights cake decorating in a little bit.  I hope that you like this recipe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...