Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Cupcake fun

Since last Tuesday's cake decorating class I have wanted another project.  I also didn't want to have stuff in the house that I was bound to eat.  Saturday our friends invited us over for a BBQ and asked us to bring potato salad and....desert.  Can you see where I'm going with this?

The first thing out of my mouth was CUPCAKES!!!  Saturday morning after my bike ride we went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel.  I love that restaurant/store.  Then we came back and I immediately started working on the potato salad and then the cupcakes. 

I made the cake mix from scratch from a recipe which I will share on Wednesday.  It was so yummy.  I had never used it before but it is definitely a keeper.

I let the cupcakes cool and continued to work on the potato salad.  Once the salad was done and the cupcakes were cooled down I made the icing that we will be using in our class on Tuesday.  I used the almond flavoring because I had never used it before.  It was delicious.

I decided to put a thin layer of icing on some of the cupcakes so I could make designs on top of that like it is in the book I have.
This is the icing.

This is when I realized that I should be taking pictures to share with you.
 Sarah really wanted to help.  She put her hand under mine and would squeeze with everything she had when I told her to.
She had a lot of fun.

I didn't end up trying all the tips but I tried quite a few of them.  These are the little cupcakes that I made...or at least the few that were left.  I didn't take time to wash the tips until I was all done so I just set them all together.

This is all of them that hadn't already been eatin.  It was a lot of fun.  I made 4 different colors and just had fun playing with the tips.  Sarah helped with several of them.  We had lots of fun and I am looking forward to class tomorrow.  I have to make a cake and decide whether or not to torte it and then put the first light layer of icing on it for class tomorrow.  I am very excited.

I'm pretty sure that over time I will take all the the Wilton classes.  I have been studying their website looking for recipes and ideas for my husband's upcoming birthday.

Well my daughters want to go to the park.  Talk to ya later.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...