Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Friday, August 19, 2011

I have expensive hobbies

I told my husband the other day that I needed to stop learning new things.  He of course asked why.  I told him that it is because I choose expensive hobbies.  Sewing isn't cheap.  Cake decorating isn't going to be cheap.  I have to get set up with all the tools.  I learned how to crotchet wash clothes on my vacation and I think that is the one hobby that isn't too expensive.

I just picked up another hobby this morning that was really fun.  I have a good friend named Sarah who is very talented.  I have learned many things from her.  She has three cute little girls and she is always getting creative over there.

A while ago she said she would teach me how to make hair clips with flowers.  She had shown me how to buy flowers before our vacations.  Those flowers have just sat in my sewing room waiting to be used.  So today, since my husband took my keys to work we both decided to get together.  Her oldest two kids started school yesterday so she brought her youngest who is 2 over.

She showed me how to take the flowers apart and how to mix and match different flowers to get the look I want.  Then she showed me how to put them together.  Then she showed me the different clips she has that can be attached to the clip.  It was so easy and a lot of fun.  Here are my flowers.





I started out with 4 flowers.  Two different white ones, a reddish one and a cream one.  I made 5 clips and still had leftovers.  It was a lot of fun.  I might get into making them in the evenings to sell at my store.  Let me know what you think.  Do you buy or would you buy clips like this for your children or for gifts?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...