Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

FHE & birdhouses

As we all know, yesterday was Monday.  We try to have Family Home Evening (FHE) every Monday.  It doesn't always happen but I'm trying harder.  I know that we are encouraged to have a gospel lesson with our family before activities but that is also something that we don't always do.

Growing up we rarely had lessons.  I remember doing things like weeding the garden, tilling the sand box, going for bike rides, playing baseball in the yard, golfing in the field, hauling hay, and playing cards for FHE.  Right before I left on my mission my family started having more lessons at the beginning.  They don't have to be long.  Right now our oldest is 3 and her attention span isn't that long which is why we don't have a lot of lessons.  However, while doing your activities it is a good time to talk to your family and children about important things.

Anywho, last night for FHE we painted bird houses.  We only had two because I originally planned the activity for just Sarah and I during the day and then decided to do it last night.  It was fun.  Sarah loves to paint and asked to do it often....it doesn't happen often lol.  Here are some of the pictures.  I painted with Sarah at first and then just let her take over.  Josh painted the other one.  We only had four colors.  I bought Orange, Black, and White for Halloween and Sarah wanted a purple pink color.

 There they are painting away.
 Dad concentrating.
 Sarah having lots of fun.
 Yana not sure what is going on.
 Sarah's bird house - front view.
 Back and side view.
 Front and side view.
 Yana's name spelling in Russian.
Yana's name.

It was a lot of fun.  I love watching my girls play and have fun.  I'll keep you posted on our FHE adventures.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...