Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Operation "Birthday cake" a go!

The main reason for taking these cake decorating classes is so I can make prettier cakes for my family.  My husband's birthday is this weekend and he wants a yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  Is he getting a plain cake....of course not.  So I am making a yellow cake but not with chocolate frosting.  I got a good idea off the Internet for a cake.  It has a river going across it with the words "happy birthday" on it and then grass every where else.  There are trees made out of pretzels and sugar cones and then some animals on it.  So that is what I'm doing.

His flex day is tomorrow and the party (which he doesn't know about) is Saturday.  So I made the cake which didn't like me.  It wouldn't come out of the pan so it was a bit frustrating.  Got it put back together and cut the top off so it was flat and then put the first layer of thin icing on before he got home.  I made the second batch of frosting and turned it blue and put it, the cake, the trees, and the spatula in my sewing room. 

After the girls went to bed I put the second layer of icing on the cake.  So tomorrow I am going to have to find some time to work on it.  I still have the grass, putting the stars on the trees to make them look like trees, and writing his name and info on the cake.  A friend is going to take him tool shopping Saturday to get him out of the house.  We are having the party at a friends house where there is a pool and the owner who is a good friend will call my husband and tell him he needs some help with something to get him there after we (family and a couple friends) have gotten to their house.

It is going to be so much fun.  I am taking pictures of the cake as it progresses to show you all.  No one tell my husband about the party please.  I told him he couldn't go into the sewing room because I'm working on something for his birthday and since it is in there he will never suspect.

Well better finish before the yard is all mowed.  Have a good night and wonderful weekend.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...