Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Oh ya - The Biggest Loser

Sorry.  I completely forgot to keep you posted on the families Biggest Loser contest.  We were originally going to end on the 1st of August but we decided to wait til the next week so we would all be home from vacation, have a couple days at home with our own scales, and so it would be on a Wednesday.  Then we got sick and things came up so we didn't end up ending it until a week ago.

I went from 198 to 191.  It took two months and although I am happy to have lost the weight I am not happy with how week my will  power was.  After Sarah I was losing 8 pounds a month and it took me two months to lose 7 pounds.  I did tone a lot.  190 was a wall that I really struggled to overcome.  My goal this week was to get past that wall.  I woke up this morning at 189.6 which was awesome.  So I have tried to be good today so I don't go back up past 190.

Anyways I didn't win the Biggest Loser contest.  I came in second actually.  My sister in law lost 6.?% and I lost something like 3.3%.  I am happy that I lost the weight and I will keep going.

My new goal is to lose two pounds a week and if I can do that then I will be to 170 by the end of October...right before we hit the holidays.  It is easy to maintain than to lose during the holidays so that is my goal.

My family is thinking about starting another round of The Biggest Loser sometimes early next year after the holidays.  I look forward to it.  I am hoping that I am already to my goal weight so then any weight I lose on top of that would be nice.  I'd probably work on toning more.

For all of you who are trying to lose weight...just keep working at it.  Don't give up.  I tell myself to give up every time the scale gives me a number I'm not happy with and that lasts for all of about 30 seconds and then I'm back trying to figure out what the problem is. 

Here are a few weight loss tips that have helped me in the past and are helping me now:

Get enough sleep - that is very important actually.
Drink lots of water
Exercise - going for a walk is exercise.  We all have to start somewhere.
Have fun.  It isn't work doing if it isn't fun.  Just because we are trying to lose weight doesn't mean we have to give up living to do so.  Find fun activities that help keep you active.  Sometimes I just dance around the house with my girls and it is surprising how quickly I get tired.

Have a good day...go out and do something good for yourself!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FYI According to the medical world it is only safe and healthy to loose 0.5 to 1 lb a week. i know a bummer...

Lacie said...

Camille, it is funny how many different things you hear. Most things I have ever heard say 2 pounds a week is healthy but more isn't. Other things I have heard say that even large amounts of weight are healthy up to a point. I'll still aim for my 2 pounds a week. Thanks thought.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...