Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesdays Recipe - Twice Baked Potatoes

Sorry I didn't get a recipe out last week.  This week I am going to share a quick and easy way to make Twice Baked Potatoes.  I have a wonderful recipe that tastes so yummy but sometimes I don't have as much time or all the ingredients so one time I improvised and it turned out really good.

Twice Baked Potato
Potatoes
Sour Cream
Cheese (shredded)
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Salt

If you don't have time to bake the potatoes in the oven you can cook them in the microwave.
I fold a paper towel in half and place my washed potatoes inside and cook for 2 minutes and flip, 2 minutes and flip until they are soft.
Then you cut them in half (hot dog ways) and scoop out the insides.
Add a little at a time of the sour cream, salt, pepper, cheese, and garlic salt.
Add and mix until you get it to the desired consistency and taste.
Scoop back into the skins and sprinkle with a little more cheese and cook until the cheese melts

Quick and easy.  We really like them.  I am making them for dinner tonight so I'll try to remember to take pictures to add to this post tomorrow.  I hope that you like them.  Have a good day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...