Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Monday, May 23, 2011

A good weekend and a new week.

This last weekend was a good one.  We wanted to go camping but the weather just didn't look like it was going to cooperate with us so we made other plans.  Instead we went to Oklahoma City to the temple.
It was really nice. We went with another family and we took turns watching the children so we could each go through  session.  Then at home we relaxed with our children.

This weekend I also tried to get creative and reuse an empty similac container and some scrap material.

Here is the Similac container and the material I chose to use.
Here is what it looked like when I was done.  I cute a strip and then ironed all the edges under.
Then I used my hot glue gun and glued it on.

I even tried to put a flower on the top to cover the label.  I ran out of glue sticks while working on the top.

It was a lot of fun trying to be creative.  If you are asking what we use it for well...a crayon box.  We were using an old tin that I had but my daughter could never open it and it was dented and dinged and just didn't look good anymore so I wanted something that she could figure out.

I hope that you all had a good weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...