Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 4 of No TV and bird poop

Today was a really good day.  First we went to the library and we took our friends with us.  So for the first time since we have owned our Yukon it was full of car seats.  I mean full.  It was my friend and I, her three girls and my two girls.  The oldest is 5.  So we went to the library for reading time and then signed her girls up for the summer reading program and got another sticker in my girls summer reading booklets.  After we got our books we loaded back up and headed home. 

At the car while I was loading Yana the unthinkable happened.  I have never in my life that is until yesterday morning been pooped on by a bird.  But, there I was standing there minding my own business and a bird had the gall to poop on my shoulder.  At first I thought I was seeing things because I couldn't see anything on my shoulder and then after a few seconds I knew it wasn't just my imagination but a bird had definitely pooped on me because my shoulder was wet.  So needless to say that shirt will have to be washed before it is worn again.  I guess I just need to be thankful it happened on my shoulder and not on my arm or my head or somewhere where material wasn't able to protect me.

It was, despite the bird pooping on me, a good morning.  Once at home Yana took a nap and I read books to Sarah as well as read the magazine I picked up at CVS :Runners World, June addition.  Yana took a 3 hour nap instead of a 2 hour nap so we had lots of time.  After her nap we cleaned the house.  We pulled furniture away from walls and vacuumed really good.

Later my friend watched my girls so I could go for a jog.  I hadn't jogged since last Thursday.  I just haven't had the energy nor the desire.  I think I over trained.  I was running 3 times a week and riding my bike 2-3 times a week and pushing harder and harder.  I just didn't have any energy left.  I almost didn't go yesterday.  I was cold and tired.  Cold right in 75 degree weather.  So I took a 10 minute nap on the couch with Sarah's blanket and felt great.  My jog felt great.  The week of no running helped my shins because they didn't bother me as much as normal.

We made tater tot casserole for dinner with half as many tater tots as were needed because we ran out.  Dinner tasted good either way.  I threw salad on the table in hopes that I would only have one serving of the casserole and it worked. 

Then it was off to mutual.  We Tye dyed shirts for girls camp.  This was my first experience with this process and it was a lot of fun.  We split the girls up in groups with 4 girls in each group.  One of the leaders had set up some "minute to win it" style games and the girls rotated from station to station while one group at a time worked on their shirts.  It was a lot of fun.  Towards the end I introduced the girls and leaders to leg wrestling.  It was a lot of fun.  The girls had a lot of fun doing all the activities and it was fun to watch them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...