Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday Recipe - BBQ Burgers

I decided that each week I would try one new recipe and then share it here on my blog.  When I sat down Saturday to write out my menu I completely forgot.  So Monday as I was thinking about my blog and looking at the fridge I realized my mistake and immediately started looking for a recipe - preferably one that I already had all the ingredients to.

I had hamburger that I had just thawed so I needed to use it before it went bad.  I was looking through my Better Homes and Garden cook book and decided to try the BBQ Burgers.
BBQ Burgers
1/4 C Ketchup
2 Tbls steak Sauce
1 Tbls Water
1 Tsp Sugar
1 Tsp Vinegar
1 Clove minced garlic
Few dashes bottled hot pepper sauce (opt)
1 Lb lean ground beef
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 Hamburger buns, split and toasted
Other burger garnishes (tomatoes, cheese etc)

Ok so that is the ingredient list....So here how this went for me.  I had fully intended to follow this recipe but...things changed.  I don't have any steak sauce so I used BBQ sauce and no hot pepper sauce.  I also forgot to toast the buns.  I was being lazy and didn't want to have to start the grill and I just wanted things to be done by the time my husband got home from work so I altered the recipe. 

I browned the meat instead of turn it into patties.
I used the sauce to make a sort of sloppy joe style burger.
Wasn't enough sauce so:
I added a little ketchup and BBQ sauce at a time until I had enough.


The original sauce that I had before added extra tasted really good.  The recipe says to spread it over the hamburger patties the last few minutes of cooking.  I think I will try this again with hamburger patties but last night just wasn't the night.  I improvised.  They tasted so good.  I basically came up with a new sloppy joe mix that I can make from scratch.  It is a keeper and I really like it.  My husband even liked it and my daughter ate almost all of hers (she got full before she finished).

Sorry I forgot to take pictures.  I remembered before we ate them but forgot when serving.  So that is this weeks recipe.  If you try it let me know what you think.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...