Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Service Projects Ideas are Needed

How many of you remember doing service projects as a kid with your parents, friends, youth groups?  I remember picking up garbage, making blankets for the hospital, baking cookies and things like that.  As I have gotten older and now married I haven't spent a lot of time looking for ways to serve others.  I've kind of been focusing only on my family.  This morning while reading in the Conference Ensign the talk was on serving those around us. 

It got me thinking...how will my children learn to serve others if I don't show them and include them in some service projects?  Now here is the dilemma?  Where do I find service projects?  What kind of service projects can I do with a 3 year old?

As I have posted we are going to go for a week without the TV.  My husband has even agreed to do this with us.  It should be a great week.  I have received many ideas thanks to your help and have planned them out in my planner for the days of that week and thought that a service project would be a good one to add.  Now I just need a service project.  If you have any ideas I would greatly appreciate them. 

Oh, and if you haven't voted on my poll please don't forget to do that.  Let me know if you are going to join me for a week of no TV starting Monday.  Don't worry...my feelings will not be hurt in the slightest if you don't.  Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...