Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Friday, November 4, 2011

Saturday is the day...wait that is tomorrow!

As you all know tomorrow is November 5th.  Why is it the day you might ask?  Well, some of you know that earlier I mentioned that I wanted to run a half marathon while on vacation here in Idaho.  That half marathon is tomorrow.

I officially registered for it on Wednesday.  I ran 8 miles the last Saturday we were home in Oklahoma and then I ran 4.6 miles this last Saturday while on vacation.  I have been tapering and trying to get ready for tomorrow.  I'm sitting here looking up directions to the finish line.  It looks like I will be getting up really early in order to make it to Pocatello in time.  The race starts at 10:13 but since I will need to pick up my packet before the last bus heads to the finish line at 9:30.  I would like to get there at 9 so I have half an hour to figure things out and stand in line (if there is a line).

Am I nervous?  Yes.  Am I really nervous?  No.  In 2009 I was training for a 1/2 marathon.  It would have been my first race ever.  However, my shins couldn't handle it at that point.  After my 8 mile run that time I couldn't run for 2 weeks because my shins hurt so much.  I ran the 10K instead and loved it.  It allowed me to experience a race knowing that I could finish.  I learned a lot.  The one advantage that I had that day was that I knew the area.  I knew where to go to start.  This time I don't.  I am not familiar with Pocatello.  That is what makes me the most nervous.

I need to get up and on the road by 6:30 to make it by 9 and I have to find a park I have never been to.  I'm worried that my alarm wont go off or that I'll sleep through it.  Yana has an ear infection and has been waking up during the night which takes makes me tired.

I will finish this race.  I will run all the way (except when drinking at the stations).  I will finish strong and I will enjoy every minute of it.  I know that I can do this.  I am strong willed and very determined.  I'll let you know how it goes either tomorrow or when we get home from vacation.

Have a good weekend.  I know I will.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...