Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Evening Continued

Well, I thought it was all over and done with when I posted last night.  I did stay up for a while waiting for her to come out and she never did.  I finally decided I was in the clear so I got all my stuff cleaned up and lights turned off.  I then opened their door to check on them and immediately knew something was wrong.  Their bedroom stunk horribly.

But if she threw up, then why didn't I hear or why didn't she come get me?  I couldn't see much in the dark so I thought maybe I had left something in her room that had throw up on it.  Much to my surprise that was not the case.  Sarah had either thrown up while sleeping or had thrown up and then fell back to sleep...in it.

It was all over the place.  On the head board, pillow, her face, her pajamas, and sheets.  I wasn't exactly sure what to do.  I know that sounds weird.  Clean it up is what you're thinking.  My mother in law recommended that I set up our wonderful camping mattresses for her to sleep on.  She recommended that I put a garbage sack down and then a towel for her to lay on.  That is what I did.  I gave her a pillow from the couch to use because her "grandma pillow" was soaked.

We, again, changed her pajamas, washed her off and got her settled in the living room on the mattresses.  She wanted water and I knew she was dehydrated by now so I gave her some...only to regret it later.

While she lay there I pulled the blanket, pillow, sheets and mattress protector off the bed and put them in the laundry room.  Then I pulled the mattress up and away from the headboard.  I wiped down the headboard and down farther only to realize that it had gone through the cracks.  So I cleaned off the top of the plastic totes under the bed and the room smelt so much better.

I relocated all the towels on the floor to the living room from her bed to the bathroom.  Then after talking her into trying to go back to sleep I went into my room to finish getting ready for bed. 

Then we started all over again.  She started throwing up where she lay.  I got her up and ran her into the bathroom only for her to dry heave for a while.  Finally her stomach was empty.  That darn water was to blame.  I told you it would come back to haunt me.

We again changed her cloths, got her a new pillow, removed the towel and put down a new one and tried again.  This time without water.

Well she hasn't thrown up since thankfully.  She did wake me up every other hour all night long wanting water and needing to use the toilet.  It was a long night.

She seems to be doing better.  She doesn't want to eat but she will drink so we are going with it.  She just isn't hungry and I don't want to force her to eat and upset her stomach.  We'll try a small snack here in a bit and see how she does.

I can honestly say that I do not enjoy the flu.  I don't like it when I have it and I really don't like it when my children have it.  I hope it is another 3-4 years before they get it again.  So far Yana hasn't caught it and I'm hoping it stays that way.

I have done 4 loads of laundry today trying to clean everything up.

I hope you all had a better night and are having a wonderful day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...