Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Soup



I had someone ask me about the recipe for the soup that I posted the other day.  I actually got the recipe from my mother in law and she gave me permission to share it with you all.

1 Tall can tomato juice
Tall can Chicken or Beef broth
1 chopped onion
3/4 head of celery
1.5 lb browned burger
1/2 bag (big) carrots cut
1 C Lentils
1 C Barley
Salt and Pepper
Garlic Salt
1 box of whole wheat penne noodles (little ones)

I used a crock pot but you could also use a big pot on the stove.
Put everything but the lentils, barley and noodles in and start cooking.
Add the lentils and barley after two hours.
Add noodles 1 hour before serving.

You don't have to use noodles and if you do you don't have to use a whole box either.
It will be really thick and it makes a lot.  Just add water to help thin it out.  I kept adding broth instead of water and it still tasted really good.

We started cooking ours at 12 and ate at 6.  It was really yummy and we have lots of leftovers.
We just poured the leftovers in ziplock baggies and placed them in the freezer after they had cooled.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...