Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Monday, December 5, 2011

A fun weekend.

I love Monday's.  I now that might sound weird to some people.  I love the weekend but Sunday's mean that the weekend is almost over and although Monday does mean that it is officially over it also means that we are one day closer to the weekend again.

So far this morning I have vacuumed.  I know I know not much but that is what I have done.  I have also chased my youngest away from the Christmas tree umpteen times. 

Anyways, what did you all do this weekend?  We had a lot of fun.  Saturday we went and walked through some stores trying to figure out what our children want for Christmas.  We don't have any ideas this year for them.  Sarah wants Santa Claus to bring her a camera but other than that she hasn't said anything.  So for right now I think we are going to get her some new shoes since she always needs more shoes.  We're working on the list.

After that I went to a Lia Sophia party that a friend invited me to.  It was fun to see the jewelry and visit with friends.

Sunday we went to church and spent a lot of fun in the hall with Yana walking around.  We can't seem to keep her quiet and still during the classes.  After church we had lunch and got dinner in the crock pot. 

It was so yummy.  Thanks for the recipe Valarie.
Then we started making cookies.  We made sugar cookies.  I would roll them out and then my husband and Sarah would use the Christmas cookie cutters to cut out fun shapes.  After the sugar cookies were done we made gingerbread cookies the same way.  Then my husband iced the cookies.  It was fun.  I like making cookies as a family.  Much more enjoyable.

 The finished sugar cookies.  They are really yummy.
 The work station.  I love our table. 
And the gingerbread men.

It was a lot of fun.  We laughed and had a lot of fun.  Of course we ate way too many cookies last night but it sure was yummy.

This week should be really interesting as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...