Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Meat, Meat, Meat...

Well I definately have something to blog about today.  I didn't do it for that purpose but it does help.  Today is the first day of the Big Meat Sale at our local grocery store - Reasors.  I have heard of this sale over the last couple of years but have never gone.  While my in-laws were here on Tuesday I had my mother in law help me go through the flyer and chose the meat that would be a good deal that I would use. 

So this morning after I dropped Sarah off at school Yana and I ran some errands and then went to Reasor's.  It was nice.  I went in and asked a gentleman for help.  He helped me find everything that I had circled and explained how to pick them and what the best use for them was.  He even went through and kind of picked out the best ones and then I picked the one I want.  Then they cut it up and wrapped it.  I spent enough money on the meat that I also got a free turkey.  So it took care of our meat (other than hamburger) for the next 6 months or more and we now have a Thanksgiving turkey that I didn't have to pay for.  It was enjoyable and I would do it again.

 I got 7 roasts, 2 lbs of stew meat, pork chops, pork ribs, and 14 1" steaks. 
This is our free turkey.

Now the tricky part was getting it all in our freezer.  I did it but now I have no more room for anything else.  So I'll continue adding freezer meals as we eat the meat over the next couple of month.

I hope you have had a great Thursday so far.  Talk to ya later.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...