Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

craft night and addictions

Well craft night was a success.  I can't say I got much one but being able to visit with other women while cross stitching was very enjoyable.  I can't wait for the next one.  One person brought a bib she was crocheting around the edge.  Another brought pictures to put in order before she put them in her photo albums.  Another brought her oils and gave hand massages and another just stopped by for a minute to visit.  I loved it.  What a great way to de-stress than visiting with good friends and crafting.

I was going to post yesterday that I realized I have an addiction.  Home made cookies and chocolate!  Store bought cookies aren't all that tempting but home made cookies are hard to resist.  So I decided Sunday night that I needed to do better.  I needed to do something about this addiction.  So I'm going cold turkey.  Yesterday my goal was not to eat any cookies, candy, sweets or anything that I could go overboard on.  I stared at the clock a lot willing snack time to come and go without me giving in to my cravings.  I was very tempted to at least have a glass of hot chocolate because although I really like hot chocolate I don't tend to go overboard on it. 

Well I did it.  I didn't eat anything I told myself I couldn't.  I ate a lot of grapes to get past the cravings.  Craft night helped keep me from eating after the girls went to bed.  I feel really good today knowing that I had enough self control yesterday.  So I am setting the same goal for today.  I am just going to take this one day at a time.  I can do anything for one day.  I'll just make the pumpkin cookies later when I have room in the freezer to put them so they wont sit on the counter begging me to eat them.  I'll let ya know how it goes.  I should be pretty busy today so it should help.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...