Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Biggest Loser week 6

Welcome to week 6 of our Biggest Loser challenge.  Last week we were to drink 8 8oz of water each day and set a goal for how many pushups we wanted to do and then do our best to reach that goal.

I loved the water part because I have found that if I drink a lot of water I don't snack as much and on the days when I drink lots of water I tend to lose more weight.  So I drank like 12 8oz glasses of water each day.

As for pushups I set a goal to do 100 pushups last week and I did them.  I ended up doing better than I thought.  I figured I would end up needing to do a combination of "girl" and "guy" pushups.  Well I'm proud to say that I did all 100 pushups "guy" style.  Or the real way.  I did 2 sets of 10 for 5 nights last week.  It was awesome and my arms are sore but I feel so much stronger.

We all did really well.  Some people hit their goal and passed it by.

This week the challenges are to first set a goal for how much weight we each want to lose this week alone.  I want to lose 3 pounds.  That is my goal.  I need to lose 6 pounds by the 17th which my 5 year anniversary with my husband.  That will put me back at my weight when we met as well as when we married.  So that is my goal.  Last week I did the same thing.  I set a goal to be to a certain weight and by darned I did it.  It kept me more focused.

Then the other challenge this week is to add an extra 30 minutes of exercise each day.  I'm thinking more like at night when watching tv exercise during the commercials for a half hour.  Or just exercise while watching your favorite show.  Some people exercise at night so I recommended maybe exercising for 10 minutes in the morning.  A 10 minute walk at lunch and finding another 10 minutes somewhere in the day.  I'm not thinking extreme exercising.  They could walk in place for 30 minutes at night or side steps.  Just get moving to burn more calories.  It should help each of us reach our goals.

If you would like to join us please feel free to share your goals with us.  This has been fun challenging myself and competing (friendly) with friends and family.  It just helps me push a little harder.

Have a great Monday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...