Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wednesday's Recipe - Chocolate Chip cookie pizzas.

I was in a hurry the other day and wanted to make some cookies but didn't want to have to bake so many batches.  I was looking through one of my recipe books and found this recipe for the Chocolate Chip Cookie pizzas.  It turned out really yummy.


Chocolate Chip Cookie - Pizzas
1/2 C Shortening
1/2 C Butter, softened
1 C Packed brown sugar
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
Chocolate chips
Walnuts

You mix everything except the chocolate chips and walnuts.  If you have a pizza pan then that is what you use.
You place half the batter on the pizzas pan.
Spread out thin.
Then spread half the chocolate chips and walnuts on top and press lightly into batter.

Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.  Repeat with the other half of the dough.

K are you ready for what I did.

I didn't use shortening and I only used the 1/2 C butter.  I'm finding that most cookie recipes don't need all the butter.

I don't have a pizza pan so I used my small cookie sheet.
I didn't split it in half.  I put the whole thing on the sheet and spread it out and pushed the chips and walnuts in.

I've done this twice.  The first time like above and the second one I used 3/4 C brown sugar and 3/4 sugar. 

They both tasted good but the second one was a little sweeter.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...