Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Severe Thunderstorm Alert!!!

Ok so I am from Idaho.  Born and raised.  I lived there for the first 21 years of my life and have since been basically around the world.  Now I live in Oklahoma with my husband and two beautiful daughters.  The weather here is nothing like what I grew up with.  For instance...there is a tornado season!  That should say it all.

Everyone said that May was the worst month in the spring and then it got bad again in the fall for about a month.  So May came and went with only a couple really good scares and here we are almost at the end of June.  We have had 2 tornado warnings this week.  Last night we were getting warnings of SEVERE THUNDERSTORM'S coming our way.  10 o'clock came and I went to bed and it was still fairly quite outside.  So thought it would be ok.  I didn't move my tomato plant to safety figuring it would be ok.  So my husband came to bed a little while later.  I was in and out of sleep while he was talking to me and then I was out again.  I woke up like 10 minutes or so later and he was gone, as was his pillow and it was like fireworks going off outside.  The lightning storm was right over top of us.  It was raining so hard. 

Ok so those of you who know me...I tend to kill plants...and I have managed to keep my tomatoes alive for a few months now...so my first thought was "this better not hurt my tomatoes".  My husband just laughs at me. 

The other thing that we do that is fairly odd I suppose is.... you know how they say to move away from the windows ....ya well we go straight for the windows.  That is the best seat in the house.

Needless to say my planter with the carrots and onions was tipped over and so was the BBQ er but my tomato plant....was the only thing upright when all was said and done. 

I loved lightning storms in Idaho but here they are a little nerve wracking because they could be accompanied by a tornado.

The worst of the storm passed and we went back to bed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...