Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sunflower table runners!

You are all probably thinking that the sunflower table runners don't exist by now.  I have been talking about them for a couple months now with not much proof.  Well, yesterday turned out to be a wonderful day for sewing.  Both of my girls took naps at the same time so I got a good 2 hours of sewing done and it was AWESOME.  I missed it.  I didn't realize how much I missed it until I started sewing.

I thought I would share my progress with you:

 Here are the colors that I chose for these table runners.  These are 5x5 squares.
 Here is the pattern that I decided to go with for the first one.  The green triangles will actually fill the gap as you can see below.
I am thinking about also using the green for the binding and either yellow or the burnt orange for the backing.

As you can see they will not be rectangle but have points on both ends.  I will do my free motion stitching on them as well.  This is just one pattern I am doing.  I am thinking about a couple other patterns and I'll keep you posted.  I am having lots of fun. I already have an order for July table runners and am excited to start them once I finish all the sunflower table runners.

I will be going down to Joann's fabric store probably early next week to get material for July.  My daughter will be 4 months old this week and we are slowly starting to get her on more a schedule.  That will help me to get more sewing done.  I have so many things I would like to sew like children's hats, children's bath or swim robes, cute dresses and outfits as well as many more table runners and eventually some lap quilts.

This has been so fun for me and I'm looking forward to sharing my projects with you in the future.  I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...