Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Jogging

I love to jog or I guess more the feeling I have after I have gone for a good jog.  I had a really good jog tonight and remembered why I enjoy it so much.  I got back into jogging about a month ago and then things got hectic, there were snow storms, weddings, and laziness.  I lost 6 pounds a month ago and have just been hanging out in limbo.  I decided that I had to get back into jogging.

Why do I jog?  Why do I jog to lose weight?  I do because it works for me.  My daughter Sarah is 3 now.  I gained like 50 pounds during that pregnancy and about 30 pounds between my wedding and when I got pregnant.  After I had Sarah it took a couple months but I finally got fed up with being so heavy.  I was sick of myself really.  At that point I found Sparkpeople.com and followed their steps and started doing exercises.  I walked a lot, did a lot of wall push ups, sit ups, crunches, leg lifts and lots of other exercises.  I had started running at the end of my mission and really enjoyed it so I started jogging little by little and every week I tried to lose 2 pounds.

I had slow weeks and hard months but in the end I got back down to 170 and loved it.  It works for me and I enjoy it.  I ran a 10K and loved it and would like to run another race.  I would like to run a half marathon but need to get in shape first.

I still have 30 pounds to lose and finally got sick of seeing all my close folded on the top shelf of my closet.  Saturday I started running again and today I ran again.  My goal is to run 3-4 times a week and get over my afternoon eating temptations.  I will get down to my goal weight and I will use jogging again to do so.

If you don't jog and want to jog just start slowly, that is what I'm doing again.  I struggle with the fact that it takes time but I am so excited for the day when I get back to where I was before.
Remember to stretch after a run and drink lots of water.

Good luck.  It will come.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Lewis said...

Youre such an inspiration with your hardwork and willingness to do what needs to be done. Thanks for being a great example for me :)

Lacie said...

Liz you didn't see what I ate yesterday...I had to go for a jog lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...