Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Runners and new projects

 This is one of the Halloween Table runner that I finished yesterday.  This one will not be posted on my store.  It already has a home.  I was playing with the material.  What do you think?

 I loved the witch material.

 Now that the Halloween table runners are finished I needed to start on a new project.  It has been sitting in my sewing room for a few months now but I honestly just haven't wanted to work on them.  In my mind I had this thought that they would be hard and way too time consuming.  I had to remind myself that it wouldn't be that hard or time consuming.  Not much different than the sleeping cushions I covered a while back.  I figured now was a good time to get working on them.  The two above are the first two that I had covered in muslin.
 Here are the rest still in their plastic.  We have six chairs and six cushions.  My original goal was to have them done before Christmas.  The longer I am pregnant the more I want them done.  I love our chairs but they aren't very cushy.
 Here are all six.  Now they aren't finished yet.  I still need to hand sew the opening shut.  I'll work on that tonight.  Then I will buy zippers and pretty material and cover them again.  When I was in my sewing class it was recommended that when covering a pill to cover them first with muslin or cheaper material and then put a zipper in the outer material.  That way if they get dirty you can unzip it and wash it.  The muslin helps protect the cushion.  As you sit on them and use them and time goes buy they might break down.  I really don't want a mess every time I wash the cover.
Do you remember what my table looked like a few days ago?  I could barely see the table under all the material and tools.  Now look at it.  I'm sure I could cover it again.  It isn't like I don't have the projects or the material but I need to be able to use the table.  My husband is yet again on his way home from Texas today.  I also would like to take pictures of my other two Halloween table runners so I can post them.  I have pictures I could use but they aren't much better (as far as setting) than the one at the top of this post.

So now I need to alter a pair of pants for a friend's son and then I need to clean off my table and find my Halloween decorations.  Have a great afternoon and a wonderful weekend.  I'll share my new posts as soon as I can get them up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...