Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Thinking ahead....

I know that I still have a little over 3 months until this baby is due and another six weeks after that before the doctor normally gives the go ahead for a person to start exercising again but I'm trying to find a goal to set.   Right now I live in Oklahoma and they have the "Oklahoma Freewheel" every year.  I think that would be really cool to ride it.  It is usually over 400 miles.  Each year varies a little in distance and always in location...or at least that is what I understand.  It is a week long bike ride.  It takes place in June.

The other thought I have is to train for a half marathon.  I ran one last year in Idaho close to Halloween and realized that I should have trained a lot better/more.  I would like to do better. 

So my questions are these:
1st are these crazy goals? (keep in mind I tend to do crazy things)
2nd Which should I do first?  The ride is in June.

My thoughts are that if I train for the free wheel and jog on the side then I will lose weight and get back in shape without beating my body up with a lot of running with extra weight. 

Any thoughts or advice.  I can't start training until the new year but I'd like to start planning and setting up a schedule and.... don't tell my husband but I'm going to try to convince him to do one or the other with me or both and this gives me time to work on him.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...