Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Hubby's bday cake

My husband's birthday is tomorrow but earlier in the month it looked like he was going to be in Texas for his birthday.  So I started planning.  I decided I wanted to have a small party and make a cake for him.  Since his parents live in Texas for the time being I asked if they would be able to come.  They said they would try and things got started.  I called a couple friends and invited them over for a BBQ at 5 this last Saturday. 

Then last weekend we (the girls and I) went to visit my husband in Texas and when we came back my mother in law came with us.  She stayed the week.  My husband thought she would be staying for two weeks because that is when he thought his dad would be coming up.  They are also going to try coming up for Labor Day weekend.  We just smiled at each other.
 So I started working on his cake.  I used the Wilton guitar cake pan and the instructions off of Wilton to turn it into an Island.
 I cut off the edges on the neck.
 I frosted the body green and the neck blue.
 I added "wooden" slats to make it look like a dock.

 And then it all fell together.  I made a tent out of graham crackers, the fire pit out of pretzels, and trees from ice cream cones. 
 I used blue piping gel for the water and then stuck whales in it.  I also used pretzels for fishing poles.  They are laying down because that is how my husband leaves them when we isn't on the dock.  That and I couldn't get the icing to hang for the fishing line.

Here he is with his girls and his cake.  It was a good BBQ with good friends.  We had a good time.  My father in law got here around lunch time and that is all that my husband thought was a surprise.  He thought we were going bowling and eating root beer floats.

It was a lot of fun.  I miss making fun cakes.  I hope you all had a good weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...