Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Yesterday's cake

Yesterday was a busy day.  I told you that I was working on a project and here it is.  This is the cake that I was making.  We had a young women finish her Personal Progress and we wanted to celebrate it.  So I made a yellow cake and used butter cream frosting.  It was vanilla flavored.  I used the basket weave around the edge and then used butter cream to make all the flowers.  At Young women's last night we planted flowers so I wanted it to look like a basket with flowers in it.

 It was fun making the cake but it took longer than I thought it would because my kids need attention too.  Go figure right. :)
 Here is another project that I finished at least a week ago.  I showed you pictures of Sarah's hat but I don't remember ever showing you pictures of Yana's hat.  I still haven't made the pom poms.  I'm still debating whether or not to put them on.  I'll let you know what I choose to do.  I also made Josh a hat in camouflage but without the ear flaps.  I'm working slowly on one for myself.  It just isn't cold enough right for them.
I am drained today.  I really didn't want to work out this morning but I did anyways.  I'm so tired.  I think I might lie down while Yana is sleeping.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...