Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Such a big girl

My children are continually amazing me.  My husband and I just finished making another bed so Yana who is now 15 months old would have a bed to move into.  We turned them into bunk beds.  Sarah loves her bed.  She loves the ladder she gets to climb every day and the fact that she is just on the top bunk is just too cool.


Yana even loves being on the top bunk.  Scary enough she can actually climb the ladder.  She doesn't, however, know how to get back down.  She runs back and forth trying to give us a heart attack.

Well, we decided two nights ago to see if we could get her to sleep in her new bed on the bottom bunk.  Sarah was 18 months old when we trained her in one weekend in a hotel because we got tired of not sleeping because she was sharing a bed with us.  My husband lay down with her until she feel asleep and then left the room.  It took about a half an hour.   She was still in her bed at 8 in the morning when I went in to get them up.  It was awesome.

So yesterday I tried to get her to take her nap in the bed.  Ya, not so good.  She kept climbing off the bed and crying so I just put her in her crib.  She slept good.  Last night was a different story.  I lay down with her and an hour later she is still wide awake and has started trying to play.  I lost my patience and left the room.  She started crying and my husband came in to see what was going on.  He told me to go ahead and go for my run and he would lay down with her.  So I did exactly that.  When I got back he was downstairs but he didn't stay til she fell asleep either.  When we checked on them later she was asleep at the foot of the bed but still on the bed.

Now, for the amazing and hopefully not a fluke announcement.....I put her on her bed today for her nap and left the room and she cried a little, crawled around a little, but fell asleep on her bed.  Not at the foot but in the middle, with her bum in the air.  So cute and so awesome.  She is still asleep and I'm loving it.  I hope she is in that bed for good.  Right before we go on vacation.  This will either help us or vacation will hurt her big girl bed training.  We shall see.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...