Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My first time Couponing

A year or two ago I tried to get into coupons and tried for about a week.  Needless to say I didn't understand how anyone saved lots of money.  After living here in Owasso I have made some good friends and one of them is really into couponing.  So I started asking questions and she offered to teach me.  She knows I usually shop on Tuesdays because we usually see each other at the grocery store, so she invited me over yesterday and gave me the crash course. 

I thought I understood everything until this morning when I was working on my grocery list - combining coupons with it.  So I started asking her more questions and she even offered to go shopping when I did in order to help me.  One of the things I really wanted to do was price match a sale going on at target for diapers.  2 jumbo diaper packs for $16.   Then I had 2 Target coupons for $2.50 and then my friend gave me a coupon for a dollar.  So it turned out that I got 2 packages of 50 so 100 diapers for $10.00.  I thought that was a good deal.  My other favorite save was when I saw that Target had their Similac formula on sale for 19.99 when it is usually 23.99.  I also had a coupon for $5 off of my similac.  So I got my large similac formula for $14.99 which is I think the price of the small similac cans.  I was having a lot of fun saving money to be honest.

The problem that I had was getting up to the cashier.  I had jokingly asked my friend if they were like dogs and could sense fear or in my case the "I'm not sure what I'm doing" feeling.  She laughed and I was just so happy that she was coming with me.  I was so much happier that she was there when the cashier got testy with me.  She kept telling me that she couldn't do all the things I wanted for the diapers and I would have given in.  She called over the manager who explained that it was ok to do and then left.  The cashier then couldn't figure out how to do it and got even more upset and then when I went to give her all my coupons at the end she get sassy and said I had already gotten almost everything for free and I'm thinking.....uh not even close but I'm going to do what it takes to get some good deals.  I bought several more thins and still stayed in my budget and that is what I as aiming for. 

It was so ice to save money and to learn new thing. I'm exited to keep saving money so I can start adding more food to my food storage.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...