Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Today is Thursday?

Ok so ya I have been sick and so has my husband and daughter.  I have completely lost track of what day it is.  I just realized this morning that today is Thursday which means that yesterday was Wednesday and I forgot to share a recipe.  So although today is Thursday I am pretending that it is Wednesday.

Today the weather is a little cloud covered and it has me thinking of soup and as I have gone through my recipe box I saw my Chicken and Dumpling soup that my Step mother makes.

Chicken and Dumpling Soup
4 C Water/4 Chicken bouillon cubes
Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Pepper, Salt
3-4 Chicken Breasts cubed and fried

Simmer above ingredients for at least 30 minutes up to 2 hours.

2 Cans Cream of Mushroom soup
Add 1 pkg Grandma's Frozen noodles or 5 C dry noodles

Make dumplings and Cook.

Dumplings:
1 C Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Sugar
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp oil
1/2 C milk

Make into 8-10 Dumplings.  Cook on top of soup for 15 minutes.
Do not remove the lid.

This is really good and although you may think it weird you can add molasses and it adds a whole new wonderful flavor.

I hope that you enjoy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...