Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Honey Wheat Bread

I just learned how to make bread....Ok so I can make bread in my bread machine but what do I do if I'm living out of my food storage and can't use my bread mixer?  I had mentioned this to one of my friends.  She had learned a couple years ago and said that she would teach me how.  So this morning I went to her house and learned how to make Honey Wheat Bread.  It was so easy.

Honey Wheat Bread
2.5 C warm water & 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
1 Tbsp Yeast
1/4 C honey
1/8 C oil
5-6 C Flour (1/2 of each wheat and white)
1/2 Tbsp Salt
Butter
2 bread pans

In mixer pour water and yeast.  Then add each ingredient one at a time.
Add the salt after about 2 cups flour.
Add one cup of flour at a time alternating between white and wheat until it sticks together and pulls away from the sides of the pan.
After it is mixed form into a ball in the pan and cover with a towel and let rise for 1 hr.
Divide in two and shape.  Place in bread pans.
Cover with towel and let rise for another 1/2 hour.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Take out and spread butter on the tops.

This recipe was originally for 4 loaves so you can double it and get 4 loaves.  My friend would usually place one in a gallon baggie and put it in the freezer for later and eat one with her family.  You can take it out of the freezer later, thaw and it tastes like fresh bread.

It is really good and really easy to make.  While the bread is rising and cooking it leaves plenty of time for other things.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...