Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Couponing - this weeks good experience

Well I'm still learning and trying this coupon thing.  I am bound and determined to save money wherever I can.  So every day I spend a little time looking for coupons and deals to use when I go shopping.  I usually go on Tuesdays but didn't have time.  So when I stopped at Walgreen's to get some cough medicine for my daughter I bought Sunday's paper.  That was nice because it had some coupons I used.  Then in Tuesday's mail came more coupons.  So I think I will shopping on Wednesdays from now on in order to have all the coupons on hand that I can.

This weeks grocery list wasn't big.  We are going out of town for a couple days so I don't want to buy a lot and it is the end of the month and I only had $50 left in my grocery budget.

So I stocked up using my coupons and price matching.  I bought 2 boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch (with the car in them) for my daughter, 1 box of  Cheerios, 1 box of Trix and 2 boxes of Fiber One cereals.  I bought 4 boxes of Nature Valley granola bars, 1 box princess gummy snacks for Sarah, 2 bags of Kraft shredded cheese, Kraft string cheese, broccoli and a dove 3 pack.  I price matched on the cheese and got it cheaper than the great value cheese and used coupons on the cereal and granola bars and my bill was $50.68.

How awesome is that.  I couldn't have been happier.  With the price matching and coupons I save almost $10.  I realize that some people can save more but I'm still learning and I'll take $10 in saving any day.  Each week I hope to get better and better.

Now for the best part.  Since I went shopping today and didn't have a specific time I didn't ask my friend to go.  I went solo today and it turned out all right.  I found a younger cashier who was a lot friendlier.  I started the whole thing with the price matching to get it out of the way.  Told her I had coupons and let her do her thing.  When we got to the coupons I asked her a question and she was very nice and helpful and ran them.  She didn't get frustrated or upset with me but was willing to help me out.  I really enjoyed it.

And for any of you here in Owasso who might not have heard yet, the Reasor's meat sale is this weekend.  I was really looking forward to going but I will be spending time in Idaho with family so I figure I am getting the better deal.  Have fun shopping the meat sale though.

2 comments:

Valarie said...

Good Job! Keep up the good couponing work!!

Lacie said...

It is actually kind of fun. I enjoy it until I have to start looking for a cashier.lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...