Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesdays Recipe - Soft Sugar Cookies

Periodically I like to make sugar cookies and I love this recipe for when I do.  The sour cream in it helps keep them nice and soft.

Soft Sugar Cookies
1 C Butter
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 C Sugar
4 tsp Baking Powder
2 Eggs
4 1/2 C Flour
1 C Sour Cream
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla

Cream butter and sugar and then add the eggs and beat well.
Add the sour cream and vanilla.
Sift together dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture.
Roll on floured surface to 1/2" thickness.  Cut w/cookie cutters
Bake at 350 for 14-17 minutes or until very light brown.

I never sift ingredients together.  I'm too lazy to do so and they turn out great.  If you like to sift please feel free but don't turn away from this recipe just because it says to sift.  I like to eat them plain but my husband really likes frosting on them.  They are good either way.

I hope that you enjoy this recipe.  If you have any requests for certain types of recipes feel free to let me know.  If you have a recipe that you would like to share you can let me know as well.  Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...