Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Free Motion Stitching

I have had several people ask me about the stitching on the quilt that I did.  It is called free motion stitching and is very enjoyable...at least to me.  I thought I'd give a little information on how to do this.  I learned in my sewing/home decor class and use it all the time.  I no longer tie quilts because I prefer this method.

1st you need to drop the feed dog on your sewing machine.
2nd if your machine has the option to lesson the pressure on the foot then release the pressure on it as well.

3rd you need to sandwich some material and batting to practice on.  I just use scraps when trying something new.
4th as you start sewing just move the material in the direction that you want.  You can do anything. 
You are just drawing pictures with the sewing machine.  You can practice drawing on paper to kind of get the hang of it.  I draw when trying something new. 

You can also use those markers that disappear and draw out pictures to sew and then just follow them with the sewing machine.

Believe it or not but it is easier the faster you sew.

Get creative and have fun!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...