Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Recipe day moving to Wednesdays!

Sorry that I didn't share a recipe yesterday.  I have decided to move the recipe day to Wednesdays to help spread out my blogging now that I have two children and classes start today as well.  I will blog Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays with the occasional weekend blog.  That way you know when to check for new posts.

Banana Bread
2 C Flour
1 Tsp Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
Sift above ingredients together.

Mix and cream together:
1 Stick (1/2 C) Butter
1 C Sugar

Add to Flour mixture and add 2 beaten eggs.
Add 1 tsp Vanilla
3-4 Mashed Banana's
1 C chopped Walnuts (opt)
Chocolate chips

I like to let my banana's sit until I wouldn't eat them anymore and then I mash them for the bread.
You can make two bread pan loaves or several muffins or both.
You bake at 325-350 for 45 mins in bread pans or roughly 15 mins if in muffin pans.

Just check on them until toothpick or knife comes out clean.

I love this recipe and we rarely eat all of our banana's so we make banana bread alot.  I like to add the walnuts and the chocolate chips and we just love them.  They do not last long.

I hope that you try this recipe and love it.  Please share your feedback if you do try this recipe.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

this looks wonderful! I've never added chocolate chips to banana bread. Today may very well be the day.

Lacie said...

I like to add Chocolate chips to almost anything. It actually tastes really good in banana bread.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...