Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Monday, February 14, 2011

A Goal shared with others will hopefully get accomplished.

I don't like making New Year's resolutions because by about the 2nd week in January I forget the goal.  I do better just setting normal goals.  I keep setting one specific goal and it never seems to work out the way I plan.

A little background.  While I was serving my mission in Russia I lost 50 pounds and got down to 170.  I loved being at 170.  I could maintain it and I felt very good about myself.  Then I got married and between college and homework and being newly married I gained a little weight and then I got pregnant with our oldest daughter Sarah.  I gained a lot of weight while pregnant with her.  I had gotten to my highest weight and wasn't happy about it.  After I had Sarah I tried the program "Slim in 6" and liked it other than the fact that I struggle with indoor workouts when they are always the same.  I get bored and eventually find myself doing nothing.

Then I got back into jogging (my last companion got me addicted).  I started jogging farther and farther and started losing the weight.  I eventually lost about 80 pounds in a year and got back down to 170 and was very happy.  I kept it off pretty well until I got pregnant with our second daughter.  My goal at this point was to eat better and exercise (things I didn't do while pregnant the first time).  I did better but living in a hotel for 2 months really didn't help.

So here I am 7 1/2 weeks after the birth of my daughter Yana.  I have about 30 pounds to lose.  I have been stuck here.  I am trying nurse my daughter even though I do not produce enough and exercise to lose weight.  I had started running and then we got hit with a huge snow storm here in Oklahoma and I couldn't run outside for fear I would get lost in the snow or slip and hurt myself.   So I have been trying to do the Biggest loser workout on my Wii and a kettle bell routine. 

The thing I have learned in my weight loss journeys is that if I keep it to myself than when I don't succeed there is no one to disappoint besides myself.  So this is where you all come in.  I used to be able to lose about 8 to 10 pounds in a month and that was my goal originally.  I think that right now I should aim for half that until I figure things out.

My first goal will end March 11.  My sister in law is getting married on the 12th and I was hoping to be in my size 14 pants by then.  I can wear them now they are just really snug.  I want to lose 6 pounds by the 11th.  That means about 1 1/2 pounds each week.  I'll keep you posted every Monday how the last week went.  This way I will feel that I have to be accountable for what I eat over the next 4 weeks.

1 comment:

Debi (Dubs2007) said...

My goal is 30 lbs too. well 31 lbs to be exact, I finally found something that is working for me (while busy with 5 kids). If you are interested call or email me! debi mail box at gmail dot com. i am only working out 20 minutes in the mornings, and my goal is 10 lbs a month. it isn't a program, it is just a plan I came up with after a lot of prayer. and so far I feel really good about my progress. I lost 4 lbs the first week, 2 the second, and 1 so far this week. Which brings me to 201 lbs. thus 31 lbs left.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...