Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Vacation -July 2012

Vacation was awesome.  It was the longest vacation yet.  My father in law spent the week before vacation with us doing some training in Tulsa.  Then we all flew back to Idaho together on the same flights.  It was nice.  We flew out on the 13th.  We got into Idaho Falls around 1ish.  We said hello to my husband's family and then used the vehicle they brought us and went to see my family.  We went to the shop to say hello to everyone and then we went down and visited my mom for a while.  While there we took lots of pictures of her flowers and my kids.



I took lots of pictures and then my husband took lots of pictures.  Here are just a few of my favorites.
 This was one that I took of my family at my mom's house in her flower garden.
My mom has a little swing that she hung up for my girls to play in.

After hanging out at my mom's we went to my dad's for the night.  We had dinner and took lots of pictures there as well.

 Sarah was playing on this big rock and loved jumping off of it.
 This used to be a playhouse that we used to play in.  My dad took down most of it because it had become hazardous.  He wants to put the slide back up with a couple o swings.
 I really thought this picture was cool.  The water she is scooping off the rock almost looks like a fish.  They were preparing the rock for pictures.

She is so pretty.  I just love this girl.
She got braver as the night went on and started jumping off the long side.

Well Saturday we ran a few errands and then helped my brother and his fiance set up for there wedding.  Then it started to rain.  It rained off and on.  They didn't want to move their wedding to the church so we just hoped the rain would stop.  The wedding was at 6 and it was supposed to stop raining at 6.  Well they risked it and ended up having a pretty quick wedding because it stopped raining and then started again right in the middle of the wedding.  The pictures were take under a canopy.  I'll share them when I get them.  I didn't take my camera out of the car because of the rain.  It was fun and it was good to see my brother so happy.  We love his new wife.  She fits right in.

After the wedding we went up to the cabin.  We spend the week working on projects around the cabin, fishing off the dock, swimming, and playing in the tube.  My girls loved it.  They had a blast.  I took lots of cool pictures.

Here is the dock that we fish, ski and swim from.
 I just liked the rain drops.
 We were just having fun.
She loved fishing.  Although she didn't want us to hurt the fish.
 Still fishing.
We were playing with Yana.  Someone has to kiss the fish. lol.  Don't worry Yana was not harmed in the taking of this picture.

 Here goes Sarah with her aunt Camille.
 They had a blast.  They caught some fun air.
I think this was the most air Sarah caught.

 Here goes Yana with her Aunt Camille.
 Her facial expressions were priceless.
She caught a little air.

Camille was the only one we could throw from the tube.  The tube is V shaped and with the little kids it is hard to get them off of the wake and they didn't want to be thrown.  Camille was a good sport and we all had a lot of fun.  We threw her twice.  You can see her roll on the water above.
Here she is right before she goes head first into the water.  We had a lot of fun on the water.  It really made us want a boat.

We spent a Sunday at my dad's and played volley ball.  That was a lot of fun.  It is always fun when we all get together. 

We went to Yellowstone park on a horrible day to go but it turned out all right.  People need to remember that when they stop in the middle of the road to take pictures and watch animals, that the traffic gets backed up for miles.  It can be frustrating.  We saw a few animals.
My husband was trimming a tree and I just happened to catch this picture.  I though it was pretty cool.
This is on top of Sawtelle.  It is a very tall mountain that takes a while to get to the top of.  We took some really good family pictures.  The island that the family cabin is on is behind us.
 In case you couldn't quite see the island here it is.  That is as far as my camera would zoom.
 I miss riding motorbikes.  So when I was at my dad's I asked to ride his Big wheel.  It isn't the same as the one I grew up riding but it was still so much fun.  I took my girls for rides too.
Here is one animal that we saw in the park.  He was walking right down the middle of the road.  We also saw 6 bears.  2 sows and each had 2 cubs.  It was cool.  We saw some elk, deer, birds and a just some pretty scenery.

Well we went to my family reunion the last weekend and had a blast.  I love my family.  I love Idaho.  I loved the weather.  Imagine the shock that or bodies are going through right now to come home to 110 degree weather.  My wonderful neighbor watered my flowers while I was gone so they are still mostly alive.  They don't like the heat either.  Well I need to get the kiddos up and we need groceries.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...