Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Monday, May 14, 2012

This last weekend was good

I have a friend who is moving at the end of the month and is due with her 4th girl at the end of August.  I threw her a baby shower Saturday and it was a lot of fun.  I also made the cake and this is how it looked.
 I made three white cake mixes and left one white and used purple and pink food coloring on the other two cake mixes.  Then I used a checkerboard pan set that I bought a while back.  It has rings that you set in the pan and pour the different colors.


 Then I stacked the cakes and started frosting them.

 I decided to use purple and white frosting on the top of everything.
 This is what it looked like when cut.  The box shows the colors in solid squares not slanted like this but we thought it looked cool and it tasted really good.
This is the gift table.  We just put balloons on it to add decorations.

We played a few games.  The first was one where you put a paper plate on your head and then draw a picture of a baby.  It was pretty funny.  It is hard to draw when you can't see.  The next game was the guess the mother's waist size and then we ended with a memory game.  I brought out a tray with 9 baby items and they had a few seconds to look before I removed it from the room and they had to right the list.  It was fun.  There was a lot of visiting and it was so much fun.

My husband was awesome and kept Sarah entertained in the garage the entire time.

Then Sunday we Mother's Day.  I hope that you all had a wonderful day.  My husband made me a jewelry holder that hangs on the wall.  It is awesome.  I love my family. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...