Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tuesday's Recipe on Wednesday

Sorry for going MIA for the last few days.  I have had no energy and when I do have energy I've been finishing up some Christmas gifts and spending time with my daughter.

The recipe that I want to share today is one that I hadn't eaten in probably 8 years.  My mom used to make it after we would cook a turkey - so usually after Thanksgiving.  It is a good use of left over turkey.  I don't know what the original recipe is so I'll call it:

Broccoli, Turkey and Rice dish
Turkey cooked
Broccoli
2 C rice cooked
1 Onion chopped
2 Cans Cream of Chicken soup
1 1/2 C sour cream
1 C butter
Sunflower seeds
1/3 C lemon juice
Ritz or saltine crackers
Shredded cheese

You can use as much or as little turkey and broccoli as you want.  My mom used to put the turkey in sandwich bags and freeze them.  Her recipe calls for one bag from the freezer.
I bought the broccoli prepackaged at Walmart.  It came with two heads.  Chop the broccoli up into smaller pieces and boil until soft.
Add turkey and onion to the broccoli and cook.
Once everything is cook mix together in bowl with sour cream, cream of chicken soup and 1/2 C butter.
Also add sunflower seeds if you want them - I added about 1/2 C, and Lemon juice.

Pour mixture into cake pan and shred the cheese on top.
Crumble the crackers and spread on top of the cheese.
Melt 1/2 C butter and pour over the top.

Cook for 1/2 hour at 350 degrees and then enjoy.

This recipe is very tasty.  I really enjoyed it and it made lots of leftovers.  We had it last night as the whole meal and were very satisfied when we finished eating.  You could also make a side if you wanted and spread it out farther.  It is really easy to make.  It takes just a little bit of prep time to get everything chopped and cooking but not too bad.

As for things in my sewing room.  I have a few more Christmas presents to get sewn and then I'll be back to sewing things for my store.  The first thing to be sewn will be the toddler and baby pull over bibs that I have already started.  I might throw one or two into the mix just to post a few things.  Hope that you all have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...