Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012


My husband and I have gotten into a pretty good habit at nights.  We used to sit around with not a lot to do and be somewhat bored.  Now with his tools and the nice weather we spend a lot of time in the garage or in the back yard.  Then around 9-10 we come in and sit down for an hour or so before we go to bed.  Granted this doesn't happen every day of the week but good amount of our evenings we spend working on projects.

 This project is pretty cool.  I didn't think to take pictures of how it looked before he added to it.  Basically between the black legs there was nothing  but air and useless space.  So he added the peg board on three sides so he can hang things if he wants and then he built three drawers to go in it.  This is the front view.
 He made the  top drawer to have several different holders.  It is nice and works smoothly.  It also helps him to organize his tools and toys taking up space in the garage.
 This was last nights activity.  We didn't really like where that shed was at.  It was there when we bought the house.  We thought about moving it back and to the right but decided to take it almost directly to the left closer the fence.
 This is the spot we marked off for it.  We left enough space between the fence so we could mow and find any lost balls from either our girls or our neighbors children.
 So what is the plan you may be asking yourself.  PUSH and PUSH hard.  Ya that is pretty much it.  We slid the shed (after we emptied it, of course) off the base as you can see here.  Even though it was heavy once it hit the grass it became a bugger to push.
 Then we took apart the base and relocated it.  Sorry I was busy and didn't have time to take pictures of every step.  We were running out of sun light.  This pictures was actually taken this morning.  After the base was moved and put where we wanted then we pushed the shed over to it.  While my husband used a shovel to lift the corners I pushed 2x4's under it  and one in the middle in order to create a ramp.  Then we pushed and up it went and then we just had to align everything and screw it back down.  Then we put everything back in with the help of a flash light and came in the house.
That is where it used to sit.  We still aren't sure what to do there.  We are thinking new grass or sand box for the girls.  Who knows.

You may be wondering why we would move the shed to begin with.  Well it sat right in the middle of the yard and we couldn't see the girls if they were playing behind it.  Now it is next to the fence and we have a huge yard (or at least it seems bigger).

Well that was our Tuesday night.  I hope that you had an enjoyable time.  At dinner I found out that I really only have like 2 weeks left to finish a queen size quilt that I have have been somewhat working on.  So now  I need to plan it out and get it done.  I'll try to keep you posted around cutting material and sewing blocks together.  I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...