Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesdays Recipe - Sweet Potato Cheesecake

This weeks recipe is a desert recipe and one of my favorites.  My cousin found this recipe several years ago and shared it with me then and I make it every year now.  It is not a hard recipe and very very yummy.  Even if you don't usually like Sweet potatoes be sure to try it.  I know many people who hate sweet potatoes and love this cheesecake.

Sweet Potato Cheesecake
2 (8 oz) packages Cream Cheese
1 C Sour Cream
1 C mashed, cooked Sweet Potatoes
1 C Brown Sugar
1 Large Egg
2 Large egg whites
2 tsp Vanilla flavoring
2 prepared graham cracker crusts

Prepare oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl beat together cream cheese and sour cream until creamy.
Add sweet potatoes and brown sugar.
Add egg and egg whites one at a time beating after each addition.
Add vanilla.
Spoon mixture into crusts.
Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until set in the middle.  Remove from oven to cool.
Refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving.

Tips:  Let cream cheese sit on counter for a couple hours to soften so it is easier to mix with Sour Cream.
I use the canned sweet potatoes and microwave them so they are warm and easier to mash.
You can put whipping cream on the top or eat plain.
I would check the pie at 40 minutes but be prepared for it to take a while longer.  Sometimes it takes an hour. It does raise quite a bit but then when done and cooling it settles back down a little.

I really like this recipe and it is very yummy.  It really doesn't take long to make and makes 2 pies at one time.   If you try it leave us a comment and tell us what you think.  I'll try to remember to take a picture when I make mine tomorrow and post it.

1 comment:

The Neales said...

mmm sounds yummy, thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...