Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Frog Quilt finished!!!

My frog quilt.  I finally finished it.  I think it looks pretty good. 
 Here is the quilt.  It is 64" by 74 1/2".  It is a patchwork pattern called "Color Maze".  I found the pattern in the February/March 2010 Quilt magazine and really liked it.  I didn't want to use flowery material so I went with Frogs.  I found as many froggy themed bolts as I could and got started.
 There are 8 different blocks in this quilt.  Seven of them are froggies.






 I free motion quilted this on my sewing machine.  It is all cotton material with a cotton batting.  The back of the quilt is actually a sheet that I bought at Walmart so there are no seams.


If you would like to see the progression of this quilt check out these links :Quilt on the frame and For starters

It has been a very fun quilt and I'm glad for the experience of it.  I will get it posted on my store as soon as I get some pictures of it on a twin bed...after my youngest wakes from her nap.  I also need to add up the costs and decide how much I'm asking for it.  I will get it posted by tonight so keep checking back.  I'll add the link once I have it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...