Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Another good weekend

This weekend was really good and went way too fast.  Friday night we found a babysitter and saw "Cowboys and Aliens".  I believe I already shared my opinion of not combining Cowboys and aliens.

Saturday morning I went for a jog...the longest one in a while.  That is time wise.  It wasn't that fast but it was 33 minutes long. Then we went to the church and helped set up for New Beginnings later that night. 

After setting up we went for a drive to find a shooting range.  We found one north of where we live where we could take both of our rifles and our pistol.  So then I found a babysitter and we went to the shooting range.  It was awesome.  The range master was a Marine and likes to help people get better and more accurate.  He gave us a lot of helpful tips and our pistol shooting got better and better.

I hadn't shot my 7mm in probably about 3 years due to living out of state and being pregnant every hunting season.  It was so nice to shoot it.  I missed it.

New beginnings started at 6:30.  Sorry I didn't take my camera.  It was wonderful.  We all started out together and then we split up to man our stations.  My station was the plank crossing.  They were to imagine that they were treasure hunters who had taken a short cut and gotten lost.  They had come to a fast flowing river full of alligators.  They needed to get to the other side - where camp was.  They had two logs and several rocks(cinder blocks) to get across.  It was interesting how many different ways were used.  They only had 10 minutes at each station which made it hard to get everyone across.  They all were on their way but some ran out of time.

After all the stations then we met back up in one location and awarded the Personal Progress awards to the three girls who had finished and the one leader who had finished.  Then there were deserts and clean up.  It was a really good day.

Sunday we went to church.  All of us.  It was the first time in a month due to people being sick.  After church we hung out in the house for a while and then just went for a drive looking at houses.

I love time spent with my family on the weekend.

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...