Pages

Welcome to my blog. I hope that you enjoy it. My goal is to keep everyone posted as to my sewing and things that will be sold in my store at http://www.idahoatheart.etsy.com/.
I'll also blog about other things that interest me like my family, cooking (sharing receipes), things I learn along the way, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

Monday, October 17, 2011

A great weekend.

Last week I told you I'd share pictures at a later time - so here it goes.  Lets get caught up.
 This is a skirt I made in my first sewing class.  I liked it but with my weight fluctuating so much I am always bigger or smaller than this skirt so I am going to turn it into a dress for Sarah.  I will use the pillow case dresses idea.
 Here is the last table runner I made for Halloween.  It is mine.  It fits my table perfectly.  It is very long.  I love it.
 This weekend we had a BBQ with some friends and I was asked to bring a desert.  I was going to make apple crisp but my husband thought I should use some of my new found cake decorating talent.  Who am I to disagree.  I just didn't think people would want a cake since we've had so many of them lately.
I made a chocolate cake - from a box in order to save time.  Then I decorated it.  I tried to make orange frosting by mixing colors but it turned more salmon than orange so I added blue to try and get purple and got a purple grey color.  It turned out good.
I made butter cream frosting and added the almond flavoring and then made the ghost on top and then just had fun with the green and left over white.  It was a lot of fun.  I really enjoy playing with it.  i just need to figure out how to make the cake smoother while frosting it so there aren't lines in it.

Saturday I was going to run 5 or 6 miles but other things came up and I wasn't able to run that long in the morning.  So I ran for 30 minutes in the morning and then that evening after the BBQ I ran another 40 minutes or so to get 5.5 miles.  It felt great.  My shins aren't bothering me at all.  In fact it is my calves and my knees.  Go figure. 

Sunday we went to church and had a good day.

This morning we filled the car up before it ran out, went shopping and cleaned out the inside of my car.

It has been a great day so far.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...